My Favorites

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Have You Ever Had One Of Those Days?


Yesterday was one of those days for me.  I don't think I ever had one so crazy in a very long time.  First, of all I had my day planned (in my mind).  Maybe my first mistake.  About 5:30am, Son knocks on the bedroom door, telling me that he thinks Short Stuff needs to go to the doctor, for a cough that he has had for a couple of days.  He tells me he will call.  Personally, I think it's allergies and will run its course.  Short Stuff has no fever and is acting just fine.  Coughing every once in a while.  So, here goes the day.

*Pick up, clean bathrooms, dust, make beds, vacuum, sort clothes and put in one load of laundry.  Because at 1:00 an appraiser is schedule to arrive to appraise the house.
*9:00am Realize I have not heard from Son, so text him about the doctor's appointment.  He says "can you do it".  Fuming a little, I make the appointment for 10:20.
*I had sold a Christmas Ornament and was packaging it for the mail, when I drop it and it breaks
*Then while trying to email the person about the broken ornament.  I get a phone call.  Breaks my train of thought.
*Look at the clock it is 10:00.  Hustle Short Stuff to the car and we are off.  Half way there I realize I did not download and copy his health insurance card.  His Dad has a crazy policy that has to be renewed every couple of months.  It is always a pain.  Anyway, no card--I'm just hoping the one on file will work.
*Wrong, the card does not work.  I'm totally frustrated, besides my arthritic knee is starting to pain me.  I make an appointment for 1:00, thinking I will just run off that card and we will be good.  Also called appraiser to see if we can change times.  Now he is coming at 4:00.
*Then we, run to the Post Office to mail some packages and stop by grocery for a couple of items.
*Get home, log on to the website.  Son's insurance ran out 2 days ago, and of course the reminder was over looked.  So, now I have to cancel the 1:00 appointment.  I'm so thankful Short Stuff was not horribly sick.
*Appraiser arrives, fix a light dinner for just Short Stuff and I--everyone else is working.  By this time my knee is feeling awful.  I'm feeling awful.  Short Stuff is yawning, it's 5:45pm.
*So I make the decision that neither of us can handle being vertical any longer.  Short Stuff takes a shower, brushes his teeth, takes some cough meds (over the counter), we read a book, he has his evening snack and is in bed watching PBSKids.
*I put on my pj's, let the dog outside for her evening run of the back yard, dog comes in, jumps in bed with the now sleeping Short Stuff.
*I texted my hubby and told him of my day and that I was going to bed.  It's 6:30pm!  Familypatchwork Happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment