My Favorites

Friday, November 22, 2019

Found--Feed Sack


With the help of a quilting friend, I found some feed sack fabric.  I've started my project of repairing  my Grandmother's Double Wedding Ring quilt.  I've run across some of the feed sack fabric that brought back a memory.
My family always spent Christmas at my Grandparents farm.  It was a magical place.  Grandpa would cut down a Christmas tree from the woods.  Grandma was a seamstress for Rawlings Sporting Goods, St. Louis, MO (back in the day).  So she could do unbelievable things with scissors, fabric and thread.  Anyway, she would cut from magazines and entire winter scene made of paper.  She would put together a village under the tree.  I remember it being so unique, as a child I could sit for hours creating stories around her little village.  One Christmas my Grandparents gave me twin dolls and Grandma made them both a matching wardrobe of clothes.  Some of that feed sack is in this quilt.  My Grandmother was great as she would say "making something out of nothing".
Wishing you a great weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment