My Favorites

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Disturbing News---It May Be Lost


Yesterday I received some disturbing news.  The little door knob quilt that I made for a friend 11 years ago, repaired and mailed back to her has not arrived.  You can read its story here.  It was mailed April 19 and only had to travel 2 1/2 hours.  I had wondered why she had not responded when it was received.  In a short conversation I mentioned the quilt and she told me she would keep an eye out for it.  On Friday, it still had not arrived.  We are both trying to be positive, but so afraid the United States Postal Service has lost the beloved little quilt.  To day I submitted a missing mail search.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that it is located.

I have read stories of lost and stolen quilts and it seems awful, but now I know the feeling.  This little quilt is not a valuable prize winner, but a valuable one of the heart.  We are both hoping that the little quilt made for emotional comfort arrives where it belongs.   As always Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment