My Favorites

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Blessings in the Making


For years I have made Prayer Flags for friends and relatives during difficult times in their lives.  After some thought, I decided to change the name of my little creations to Blessing Flags.  A blessing is a request for favor, protection and continued well-being.  I'm making a few changes in the construction of the flags, too.  I'm now centering the ribbon hanger so that the flag can be easily hung from a knob.   I'm also adding more embellishment to the background base.  

Vintage fabrics, beads, and lace will still be the ingredients for the flags.  And the blessings may be sent not only for difficult times in ones life, but also the joys.  Mini Door Knob Quilts and Blessing Flags add feelings of comfort on a daily basis. And, I have noticed that so many of my friends continue to hang the flags in their homes even after the difficult time in their life has passed.

The Blessing Flag I'm making now is for a friend who will be undergoing double Cataract  surgery this month.  I always start my flags at the top with the hanging ribbon, lace, trim and beads.
The next step is the base, which in this case will be free-form cut flowers that I will hand stitch to the vintage base.  I'll post more photos as the flag continues to build.  You can also check the shop patchworks for Blessing Flags and Mini Quilts available or contact me for a custom made item.
Have a wonderful Thursday and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment