My Favorites

Monday, April 23, 2018

Mini Quilt Still on the Job


This little quilt is still at work 11 years later.  I love when one of my mini quilts is still on the job.  I made this quilt for a friend in 2007.  It had been a very sad year for her.  She lost her son to ALS-Lou Gehrig Disease in April of that year.  He was only in his 40's.  When the holidays rolled around she seemed desperate for our company (we live about 2 1/2 hours apart).  So hubby and I went for a long weekend with she and her husband.  We visited with other friends at two house parties and spent late nights in conversation.  It was a good weekend for all of us.   I made this little Door Knob quilt for her as a gift of love and prayers, as she went through a difficult time.  .She placed it on the door knob of her pantry.  We just visited again this past weekend and she handed me the quilt and said that it has been on that door since I gave it to her.  She had never moved it, but now it needed repair--the hanging ribbon had broke.  So with a wider ribbon and some machine stitches the little quilt will be in the mail and back to its home on the pantry knob.

This is what quilting is all about.  No matter the size, quilts send a message of love and comfort.  It was such a pleasure to repair this quilt and send it back where it belongs along with blessings that it will continue to spread love and comfort for more years to come.  Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment