My Favorites

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Thinking Kentucky Derby


I've been collecting.  Trying to find bits and pieces that could come together for a one of a kind Kentucky Derby Hat for me and Bow Tie for hubby.

We have been invited to a Kentucky Derby themed charity night on Saturday.  Of course, prizes will be given for best hat and tie.  I don't expect to be in the winner's circle, especially since I look awful in a hat.  But the fun will be creating something for the festivities.

I've down loaded a bow tie pattern and looked a hundreds of hats on Pinterest.  Here's what I have come up with.  Hubby's bow tie is in the making and I'm going for a smaller Fascinator Hat with a pink and black theme.  More work to be done on both.  Updates as we get closer to the Starting Gate.

It is raining again in Missouri, good day for some stitches.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment