My Favorites

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Ready for the Race


They say the third time is the charm, and that holds true with my Kentucky Derby Hat.   I tried adding pink sheer fabric under the black netting, tried big flowers.  Nothing seemed to look good---remember I look awful in hats.  Then the idea came to me---ribbon and a horse.  I had some novelty print horse fabric and of course lots of ribbon.  I just used silk straight pins to attach the ribbons and horse.  The horse is stabilized with backing board.  So the hat is finished.  Hubby's bow tie looks great.  Hope he can tie it!!!!  He's not a bow tie wearer.  Anyway, we are ready for the race to begin.

It's hard to believe, but it is still raining in Missouri.  The weather man says it will end in our area around 4:00 pm  today.  Then the sun will come out for a few days.  Things need to dry out and the rivers need to go down.  Areas are still having trouble and traffic is awful with so many road closures.  Enjoy the upcoming weekend and the wonderful quilts at Off the Wall Friday, as always Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment