My Favorites

Monday, May 1, 2017

Monday---Moment of Thought


I was just looking over the design page for my Blog and I realized that it has been weeks--like about eight, since I have posted anything about anything.  That makes me sad.  I enjoy writing and posting about quilting, life in a Missouri woodland, the adventures of our critters and family.  But, life has been stepped up a notch for us.  We are helping our son start his own business, and it is very time consuming.  I'm the bookkeeping, secretary and all around Girl Friday.  Hubby has also taken on some tasks to help.  We retired 10 years ago, but it doesn't feel like it.  We said we would help for a couple of years and that was it---we are at 8 months and counting.  Our son is a great tradesman, but does not have experience with business management.  Since, hubby and I have owned a business we thought helping to get him on his feet management wise was the thing to do.  I will say, we are enjoying the challenge on most days, but there have to be trade offs.

Because of this new schedule my quilting is at a stand still.  In fact, those of you who have read my blog before know I quilt at my church and do the majority of the binding of the finished quilts.  I have two church quilts that need binding.  I'm pushing to get them started.  I want to turn over a new leaf and find time to get to my little sewing area.  It is a pleasant little spot in a hobby room my hubby and I share.  I think I need to take a tip from Victoria Findlay Wolfe, and treat myself to 15 Minutes of Play each day.

I want to spend some time with this little Blog too.  May 1st seems like the time to get myself together and that needle and thread moving.  Wish me luck--you'll know if I'm successful, I'll be giving updates right here.  Have a great week and as always--Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment