My Favorites

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nothing Runs Like a Deere

I've completed a quilt top---Yea! I haven't made a larger quilt top in ages. I really prefer small quilts, but I had some ideas I wanted to try, so a larger top was in order.

I've entitled this quilt Nothing Runs Like A Deere. It is a liberated medallion, with some liberated log cabin blocks and a hodge podge of placement. No measuring here---just cut and sew add where you need some fabic, cut where you don't. I plan to hand quilt this little throw, maybe in a large stitch with black thread. All of this liberation came from my reading, of late. Liberated String Quilts and Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston and Thinking Outside the Block by Sandi Cummings. Both are wonderful and give you permission to try new things.

Back to the sewing. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting.

1 comment: