My Favorites

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fabric Makes A Quilt

Sometimes its the fabric that makes an idea for a AAQI quilt come together. Yesterday, I keep looking at a little stripe piece of fabric that was calling to me. The stripe was not uniform and looked like it was swaying in the wind.

All it seemed to need was some stars.



I made one liberated star among a field of little stars. Put all the pieces together and now I have a little AAQI American Flag quilt. Just in time for quilting and the 4th of July.

Gathering ideas for all different places can be as much fun as looking at your completed project. I keep a notebook with me all the time. Now I have compiled more than one of just sketches of ideas that have popped into my head as I go through my day. When ever I need inspiration I just open a notebook. So whether it comes from fabric, a notebook, nature, a color, keep your mind's eye open for all the possibilities. They're all around you. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment