My Favorites

Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Morning Discovery


This little Sun Bonnet Sue miniature quilt is the first in a series of six that I plan to complete for AAQI. The quilt blocks were purchased as a lot at a tag sale, they were originally in a larger quilt and someone cut them into individual squares and sold them together. I was thrilled to find them as they are well done and had mini quilt potential. In keeping with my recycle/reuse philosophy, I added some beads, embroidery and a star charm. I then raw edge appliqued the Sue on to a background to accent her colors and appliqued the sandwich to the patchwork background. Added the word "discover". This little Sue quilt, which I call, Sun Bonnet Sue Discovers is made with the hope that a cure for Alzheimer's is in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment