My Favorites

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Time in A Bottle Blog Hop--It's My Turn

 I joined this Blog Hop a few months late.  Funny thing is that I have a personal project started and it fits into the Blog Hop perfectly.  So, a little back up information first.  I have a covered chicken serving dish on a Lazy Susan in the middle of the kitchen table.  I always decorate the Lazy Susan. Daily, whatever I put there has to be moved and rearranged with every meal.  I decided this year to make a mini quilt table topper that would correspond with the month and place the chicken serving dish on top.  Easy removal and replacement.  I'm at the time of life I want easy.

January, I started with a quilt I called Cosmos.  This quilt was featured in Curated Quilts, and I thought it would be perfect to start out the year.  The quilt has both machine and hand quilting.  I enjoy using both methods for interest and texture.



The February quilt would be perfect with the Blog Hop theme Tickled Pink.  This little liberated mini has many shades of reds and pinks.  It really made my little chicken dish pop.  This mini is also machine and hand quilted.






The month of March is all about green.  I went to my basket of bits and pieces and put together this little quilt and it is perfect for the season.  Completely machine quilted.



I discovered the Blog Hop one day surfing the net and thought it would be an excellent way to complete my mini quilt table topper project and visit the other blogs participating.  So, Time in A Bottle mini quilt I'm calling Showers and Flowers.  I will place this little mini on the table for the month of April.  
This hourglass block is 10 inches square.  I chose a vintage blue fabric that I had on hand.  The blue has movement that reminds me of rain and the flowers are from Kaffe Fassett Lake Blossoms Collection.



I also belong to a slow stitch group and this year we are exchanging 4 x 4-inch squares.  I've made a mini hourglass block and decorated with flowers.  This project is not finished.  I will be adding some beads and more stitches.

34 comments:

  1. Those are all colorful and useful little toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about easy decorating as well! Even before I had kids I wanted simplicity. I used to use and will soon again since the children are getting older, a large glass bowl that I would put Christmas ornaments in that corresponded to the time of the year. That was it! Easy peasy. I love this idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the bowl idea too! Easy Peasy is where it's at for me.

      Delete
  3. Great mats to set your chicken on. I have one similar to that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place for an hourglass block. The block is so perfect for the table mat and your fabrics - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the little chicken pops on the darker colors.

      Delete
  5. Those trivets are a great way to decorate a kitchen. Love the idea of changing them around each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, adds a little variety and keeps me stitching.

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how many uses these little pads will have. I've made a bunch this past winter. Beautiful job. Found you via "Days Filled with Joy"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those vintage blues in your mini mat! You really nailed the hourglass block challenge...thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects, and I adore your chicken!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects, fun to have something to swap out every month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Showers and flowers looks great! So practical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your chicken dish. I think it is a great idea to have a different topper for each month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty fabrics for the trivet. Looks great! So creative with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea; making a mini for each month for that gorgeous covered dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the little projects are fun to do.

      Delete
  14. Sweet little quilts to set off the chicken. Your hourglass one is perfect and the colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the chicken really pops on the hourglass colors.

      Delete
  15. very clever idea. Also a very pretty set of table toppers

    ReplyDelete