My Favorites

Friday, August 30, 2013

Before & After

About a year or so ago, I wrote a post talking about the long wall in our entry foyer.  The wall needed something, so one adventurous day I started hanging some of my smaller quilts.  The post drew the attention of another blogger, who just happened to be doing an article on decorating with quilts.  I was thrilled she wanted to include my wall in her article.

 

Well, I'm always moving things around.  The wall needed a change---maybe it has been  the hot summer days???  I did some rearranging and this is the foyer wall now.


A simple design---seems to have a more "uncluttered" feel.  I added a mirror.  Someone once told me that foyers should have mirrors.  Not sure why---Do you know?  Notice the reflection in the mirror.  Opposite the wall I added a screen to give more of an "entry feel" to a very open floor plan.  The screen is draped with two older quilts, framed quilt needlework, small pedestal with a lamp.  The lamp adds a nice soft glow to the area in the evenings.  I'm enjoying both looks and I know I'll change things again, that's just the way I am.  So for now, that's the foyer!!!


Do you use quilts in your home's decor?  Have a wonderful Friday & Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment