My Favorites

Friday, April 26, 2013

Final Mini


This miniature quilt is my final donation to AAQI for Alzheimer's research.  Liberated nine-patch blocks made this little quilt fun to make and vertical quilting kept everything simple and focused on the wild nine-patch placements.  Fly Away Nine-Patch is 8 1/2 x 11 inches and is my donation number #110.  I'll miss making these little quilts, but what a great run for AAQI.  The quilts will make one last showing at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, October 30-November 3.  With everyone's final push, Ami Simms hopes to have 2,500 quilts for sale in Houston.  There is still time if you want to make a contribution.  Quilts must be in by August 1.  Go to www.alzquilts.org for information.  All my AAQI quilts are now Off The Wall making room for some new ideas.  Check out Off The Wall Fridays to see what great quilts others have been making.  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment