My Favorites

Monday, August 13, 2012

From Ultimate Guy to Country Garden

I'm a woman of many hats---aren't we all.  The past three weeks has been devoted to my hubby's hobby---Sports Memorabilia.  Hubby and I traveled to Baltimore, Maryland for the National Sports Collector's Convention.
 Returned home last Monday the 6th, and started getting ready for the Ultimate Guy Show in St Louis.  We are now back home and hubby's hobby/doing shows is over for a few months.  I always enjoy working together with him, but as the years go by the grueling show hours, set up and tear down gets a little harder.   Now, I can rest and quilt a little more.  I did complete some AAQI quilts while we were driving to and from Baltimore.

I'm calling this one Country Garden.  It has a center 9-patch that is a vintage quilt block, I appliqued on with large primitive black stitches.  The edges are frayed and the flowers and leaves are painted/stamped on an off white cotton fabric.  This little quilt can be hung vertical or horizontal.  I placed three triangle hanging tabs so that the owner could have a choice.  The quilt is machine quilted and measures 8 1/2 x 11 inches.  I'm off to a few odd job around the house and lunch with friends.  Have a great Monday and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment