My Favorites

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Butterfly Log Cabin


Butterfly Log Cabin is number twenty-four in my 2012 goal of thirty AAQI quilts.  This little mini quilt is 7 1/2 x 7 3/4 inches and is a machine pieced liberated log cabin.  I started with my center feature fabric, the butterfly and then just added pieces of fabric from my bits and pieces bin that featured colors in the butterfly. I didn't know exactly where I was going, I just sewed until I reached a size that was pleasing to me.  Some of this little quilt is hand quilted, some machine quilted.  I added a metallic silver thread to the butterfly wings for a little sparkle. The binding is raw edge.  Give liberated log cabin piecing a try.  It's fun and you will always be surprised with what an interesting quilt will be created.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment