My Favorites

Monday, July 16, 2012

Vacation is Over---Well Almost

I've been on blog vacation.  Can't say I've traveled to any exciting places, I've just been on break.  During the weeks I've been away from Familypatchworks, I've been doing some late Spring cleaning, starting a walking program, changing my eating habits, and not quilting.  Sometimes a break from quilting is needed to regroup and to become inspired.  Well,  blog vacation is over, regrouping is complete and I'm ready to start quilting again.
One thing that helped to break this vacation cycle was an email from AAQI and Ami Simms.  It seems that at the November International Quilt Show in Houston, AAQI has doubled their booth space and now they are in need of 2,000 quilts to fill the space.  The deadline for quilts has not been established, but I like to target September as my personal deadline.  At the beginning of the year, I set a personal goal of 30 quilts.  So far I have completed 19.  I have some quilt tops made and ready for quilting.  So during the next few weeks you'll see some completed AAQI quilts.


There's plenty of time.  Why not give a little AAQI quilt a try---no larger than 9 x 12 inches.  Go to the www.alzquilts.org for all the instructions.  It's fun and it goes to help a great cause.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment