My Favorites

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Under Construction

For the past two years I have been entering the Alliance for the American Quilt (AAQ) Contest.  I'm working on my entry for this year.  The quilts made for the contest are judged, top price is a quilting machine---neat, and then the quilts are showed around the country for a few months before being put up for auction on eBay, with all proceeds going to AAQ.  It is a good cause --- the preservation of quilts and their stories.  Plus, the contest is always challenging.  This year's theme is Home is Where the Quilt Is.  My quilt is under construction, after many weeks of trying to come up with an idea.  I think this is what I like about the AAQ contest---makes you think outside of the box.  Besides the theme this year,  AAQ gave measurements so that the quilt looks like a house.  Really an interesting idea.

I decided to go with a liberated look.  I started with a log cabin and then just expanded from there.  Embellishments will be added. Going for something bright and cheerful this year.  I'm working toward completing the hand quilting this weekend.
So you know what I'm working on this weekend.  How about you any projects on your to do list?  Happy Quilting!

Maggie Update:  No Heartworms and her leg bump is just that.  So Maggie is good to go on her new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment