My Favorites

Monday, February 27, 2012

March is Mailing Month

March is going to be my Mailing Month for mini quilts to AAQI.  I'm on the count down to reaching my goal of a 30 quilt donations in 2012.  Some you have seen in various stages of completion, so excuse any repeats.  #1
Unconditional Love is a little 9" x 9" medallion quilt with prairie points facing in and leaf beads in the corners. Hand quilted and highlights man's best friend.  He reminds me of Bo, my black lab.
#2
Redwork Memories is an 8" x 8" mini that was fun to make.  No special theme just little designs I found here and there.  I did include a magic feather.  Check out Jude Hill's blog--Spirit Cloth for her magic feather project.  Hand quilted.
#3 & #4
I've talked in detail about these two quilts.  The first I call Gees Bend Christmas the second one was named by a viewer, Good and Plenty.  Both were part of a Liberated Quilter's Challenge.  They were so fun to make I plan to put away my rotary cutter and ruler again for another liberated mini quilt.  Give it a try it is fun just to let yourself go and see what happens.  Gees Bend Christmas is 7 1/2" x 8" hand quilted and features a housetop pattern look.  Good and Plenty is 11" x 7 1/2" and hand quilted with hot pink to add to the look.  I'll have another one ready for a Wednesday posting until then Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I love these. I will have at least one to send in in March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, look forward to see it, I know it will be great.

      Delete