My Favorites

Friday, July 22, 2011

Thank You

I made this AAQI quilt about a month ago, when the news was filled with the most recent Metal of Honor recipients.  Last night on the news was a story about a solider who died 40 years ago in a helicopter crash in Vietnam.  His remains are being returned to the St. Louis area today for burial.  I thought today was a good day to show my Thank You quilt.  In honor of all the men and women who have protected and are still protecting our great nation.  The quilt is 8 x 10 inches with an appliqued solider and a tri-colored background, hand quilted.  Today, I for one will enjoy the great freedom I have been given because of others.  Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. This SO touched me. For years, I focused on patriotic quilting above my other forms. It all still touches my heart so deeply. A great quilt with heartfelt meaning. My thoughts certainly go out to that Vietnam soldier and his family. How amazing that he is finally coming home to them.

    ReplyDelete