My Favorites

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ice Dreams Under Construction

Polar Bear Ice Dreams is starting to come together. My first step is to select three shades of fabric, I like to use a raw edge, so I tore the pieces the size I desired.


Then I machine stitched the first and third piece to the foundation fabric. For this piece I started with the darkest on the top lightest on the bottom. The middle piece I will add later and hand quilt it into place.




I add batting, backing and place the design elements. For this mini quilt I'm going to try adding some sparkle with pieces from an old scarf and using metallic thread for quilting. The flowers in the scarf represent the snow falling as our happy Polar Bear skates.



I'm off to start hand quilting and putting this all together. Will check in later, As always Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment