My Favorites

Friday, September 24, 2010

Log Cabin Butterfly

Today has been a computer day for me, so I'm late with my usual Friday blog. I added a new item to my Etsy Shop, Familypatchworks. I made this little collage about a month ago, with the idea that I would put it in the shop for the holidays---today is the first time I had an opportunity to get that chore done. I'm offering for sale a Framed Fabric Art Collage. I've entitled the collage Log Cabin Butterfly. The piece is made of a Miniature Log Cabin Block measuring approximately 2 5/8" x 3 1/2". The block is matted and framed with a collection of three wooden beads, vintage hand made tatting and a butterfly silk. The butterfly silk is from Tokio Cigarettes in the 1800's and was offered as a premium in their cigarettes. The piece is matted with a chocolate brown mat and brass/gold frame with hanging wire on the back and their is no glass covering the piece. The piece measures approximately 4 1/2 x 9 3/4 inches. Happy weekend and as always Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment