My Favorites

Monday, September 6, 2010

I Did It



I completed my goal of five miniatures. They will be shipped off to AAQI this week. I relied on some vintage quilt blocks and raw edging to speed up my quilt making, I think they added a little different twist. I had originally set a goal of 52 quilts in 2010---I'm presently 10 short. I'm still hoping I can reach my goal, but some additional quilting projects are calling out for my attention and they have deadlines. So now I have a list of what needs to be done first and dates they need to be completed. I won't be working on miniatures for awhile.



This little mini was made from a vintage quilt block of red, white and blue. I call it Good Morning USA. I'm keeping the back plain---I think this would make a perfect "Mug Mat" for that morning hot drink. The mini is only 7 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches. It's hand pieced and machine quilted. Red, White and Blue, perfect for Labor Day, too! Happy Labor Day and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment