My Favorites

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day Lily Delight





Completed a little mini for AAQI this weekend. I call it Day Lily Delight. The little quilt has some patchwork, raw edge applique, cooper metallic thread and free motion quilting. I'm still in the learning process on the free motion quilting technique. I have two more mini quilts ready for binding that I have used the free motion technique and my question is how to solve tension problems. Seems to be different than what I use when straight sewing. In fact, I think the tension works better when I free motion quilt with the feed dogs up???? Of course, some of this could be my old bottom of the line sewing machine. I'm not totally satisfied with what the quilting looks like, but I will tackle that later in the month. I'll be taking a little break from quilting and blogging this week. We are leaving for a working/vacation in Baltimore, Maryland. This will be our first time to Baltimore and even though we'll be working our booth at the National Sports Collectors Convention we plan to take in a baseball game, a little shopping and some of the fine eating we hear is available in Baltimore. Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment