My Favorites

Friday, July 2, 2010

44 Years Ago

July 2, 1966 was one of the hottest days on record in St. Louis, Missouri. At 2:00pm in the church where I was raised Bill and I were getting married. Everything about the wedding was perfect---no wedding disasters. We were living in the moment, no thoughts about were we would be 44 years later.

Through the years we have changed---He has less hair, I have real gray, and we both have a few more pounds. Beyond the physical changes we have a deeper affection and appreciation for each other. We truly love each other more today that we did yesterday and less than we will tomorrow. That's what marriage is all about---something we didn't know in 1966, but so glad we stayed with it to find out.

2 comments:

  1. What a inspirational post. Happy Anniversary!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Congratulations. I hope you have 44 more together!

    ReplyDelete