My Favorites

Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Sue


Another Sue is headed for AAQI. This little Sue comes from the same lot I purchased at a tag sale some months ago. In previous postings I have featured 3 Sues already sent to AAQI, but this Sue has offered more challenges. Sun Bonnet Sue Key to My Heart fabric was in the most stressed state of all my Sues. The dress fabric has deteriorated. To help cover the deterioration and define the dress portion of the block, I added raw edge appliqued hearts from a variety of pink fabrics. Placement of the hearts became a problem, as so much needed to be covered and yet there were some good portions of the original fabric that I wanted to show. After several auditions I settled on what you now see. I also added some heart embellishments to the bonnet and a little key charm in her hand. Sun Bonnet Sue Key to My Heart measures 8 1/2 inches by 10 1/2 inches. I have two Sues remaining (one blue and one green). Someone could collect the whole set and be giving to a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment