My Favorites

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



















Since my return from London, I have neglected my blogging. But, not my quilting. I have four new miniature quilts to send to Ami Simms for the monthly Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative auction and sale. I've been donating quilts for a few years now and have decided to increase my donations this year. This group of hand stitched quilts include two Polar Bear Novelty fabrics that depict the spirit of the holiday season. I'm hoping they sell during the Christmas buying season.

The third quilt is Psalm 30-Star. This one has Batik fabric applique. Finally is what I call Unraveled Heart. This is a little patchwork with a heart applique also has a raw edge applique of antique lace in the center. The quilt represents the unraveled feelings that many family members experience when they learn their loved on is diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

All of my quilts are dedicated to my mother, who suffered for many years from Alzheimer's and who was an excellent seamstress and quilter.

If you wish to browse the Alzheimer quilts that are offered for auction or sale, click on my side bar to visit my page of quilts or AlzQuilts.org for the home page.

Happy Thanksgiving To All!












No comments:

Post a Comment