My Favorites

Friday, October 23, 2009

Greetings from the UK









Vacationing and Quilting in England, what more can a girl ask for? The first 6 days of this extended holiday was spent touring with my husband and seeing all the many sites in the City of London. Now, I'm based outside of Watford, England in a charming place called DeVere Venue at Hunton Park. I will be blogging more as I will be here until November 7. So check back now and then for updates. I'll now be touring other parts of England with a former student, Christine, who is interning in the area. My husband, Bill, arrived home Wednesday October 21 and is tending to all the household chores. What a great guy!!!



DeVere is a Manor House built in the early 1900's and converted to a hotel and meeting rooms in its later years. The grounds of DeVere span 22 acres with wildlife, walking trails, gardens, fountains and just the perfect place to relax and reflect. Making the trip with me is the Loving Hearts mini quilt that I started before this trip and a patchwork/applique mini quilt (to be named later) that I plan to work on while I'm here. Christine works during the day so I spend my time doing local exploring and quilting. I'm throughly enjoying this relaxing lifestyle. The weather has been beautiful temps in the 60's and maybe a light fog or mist but no rain.























No comments:

Post a Comment