My Favorites

Friday, September 11, 2009

Greenwork



Good Morning everyone!!! I have a few minutes before we begin all our Great Fire Engine Rally activities and I want to show you the cute doll quilt I found at a tag sale. The little quilt is what I call "greenwork". Redwork quilts became popular in the 1880's with the introduction of a "new" for the time embroidery thread color called "turkey red". Then from about 1910 to 1930 Bluework became popular. This little Greenwork quilt is made up of four little kittens dressed to the "9's" playing games. It appears to be at least 20 to 30 years old and really in good condition. It has been gently used and much loved.


Well, I'm off to the weekend, this is always a fun weekend, those of you in St. Louis area come on down to the city for the parade and some fun activities and demonstrations. I'm taking the camera, hopefully I have photos for the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment