My Favorites

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Back to School


 

Short Stuff is now in the 1st Grade and he will begin school on Thursday August 27th.  He is in the BB group.  Yes, his school has an AA group (last names A-M), BB group (last names N-Z).  Two days in school 3 days home.  Wednesdays are clean the school day for the Thursday-Friday group.  The 3 days home will be on-line learning with Wednesday a teacher guided on-line learning day.   This will be a challenge for everyone.  Lunch will be served in the classroom with orders taken in the morning.  Parents will not be allowed in the classroom--I guess that means no class parties this year.  A very unusual year ahead.

I have been working with our little 1st grader all summer.  That has been a challenge too.  He is ready for school.  I hope he is not disappointed with the new system.  He has normally been a bus rider, but this year we decided to drop off and pick up.  

I had my annual physical yesterday.  Got a good report and also a discussion about Short Stuff and the possibility of getting sick.  My hubby and I are both high risk, just because of age.  But, hubby has heart problems and diabetes.  So the discussion was that we need to have a plan of how we would handle any illness that he may bring home.  The doctor also suggested that we wear mask in the house if there is an illness and of course disinfect everything that Short Stuff touches.  It has been decided that I would care for Short Stuff and hubby would isolate himself from us.  I hope we don't have to face that problem, but it was good to have the discussion.  Stay Safe and Familypatchwork Happiness to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment