My Favorites

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

What Will 2020 Bring???


Have you been thinking about the New Year?  Some people have a word for the year, a goal or objective.  I have a paragraph for the New Year--one word won't cover my goals.  For years I have floated along, no major problems in my life.  Able to the handle every little up and down with little or no effort.  Solve the problem and move one.  But, now things are different.  Hubby and I have a lot of weight on our shoulders.  Our joy is our grandson, Short Stuff, but as more and more responsibility is placed on us to raise him we have thoughts--can we do this and what would happen to him if we can't do this.  Our words are faith, health and stamina for the New Year and more years to come.  We are striving to give Short Stuff a stable life with activities that will help him develop to his full potential.  A life filled with kindness, love, sharing and service to others.

We are blessed with a strong church family and Short Stuff is being guided by them with encouragement and love.  Everyone knows his story and are helping to shepherd him as he grows.

My other word would be organization.  I am moving toward more simple living.  Our downsizing really cleaned out many things, but we still have to much.  So after the winter, spring will be seeing me sorting and organizing for the clan.  Short Stuff enjoys sports, so my thoughts are to give him a sports equipment storage area in the garage.  I have been keeping Pinterest busy looking at organization ideas.

Quilting has taken a back burner these last few months as we settle into this new life style.  I'm hoping to get my machine and my hands moving again with some quilt making.  Lastly, the big words are improved health.  If Hubby and I are going to keep up with this growing 5 year old, we need to concentrate on ourselves.  We have always been health conscience.  But, we are now looking at areas we can improve and will be working toward healthier choices.

Most importantly for 2020 and the years to come will be our faith.  We will stand firm and hold fast as we go down this exciting road of raising a grandchild.  I know many grandparents are in the same boat as we are--and to them I wish 2020 to be fulfilling, healthy and happy.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment