My Favorites

Sunday, December 1, 2019

I Don't Have That Soup


Have you ever had an idea for dinner and when you looked in the pantry,  you didn't have the ingredients the recipe called for?  Well, that's what happen to me tonight.  It is cold, damp and windy outside and I thought soup would be perfect.  I looked up two recipes on Pinterest and had a good idea about what I was going to put together.  Didn't happen.  I ended up combining and substituting to come up with a really good Chicken Soup. It had a Chicken and Dumpling taste.

32oz. Chicken Broth
Cooked Chicken (left over from a Crock Pot meal)
1 Carrot sliced
1 cup Frozen Peas -- Didn't have Celery
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup -- Didn't have Cream of Cheddar
1 can Skim Milk -- Didn't have Evaporated Milk
Parsley to taste
Pepper to taste
1/3 cup Instant Rice
Hand full of Egg Noodles -- Didn't have another  1/3 cup rice

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until veggies, rice & noodles are ready to serve.
I made a fresh fruit salad and Hawaiian Wheat Dinner Rolls.  Everyone loved it.  May try that again.
Familypatchworks Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment