My Favorites

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Quilting Disappointment or Not

A  Centered Journey

  I had a thought. I had a message.  I found the fabric.  I created the art quilt.  I used various techniques and I thought it was unique and a possible entry in a juried quilt show.  So I took my photos, completed my artist statement and sent in my $35.00 entry fee. 

The letter came that there was no room in the show for my quilt.  I told my hubby I was disappointed, but I would get over it.  I was to busy to dwell on this negative response.  But, as I think about it, I think "not having room in the show" is a nice way of saying your quilt didn't measure up.

I like my quilt and it speaks to me.  I think that is the most important element.  Quilts send various messages--to the maker, the receiver, the person who views it hanging on a wall.  So my quilt may not have been unique enough for a quilt show, but it is unique to me.  Maybe I will enter in another show and it will receive a positive nod.  Or maybe it will hang in my sewing and be my personal inspiration. Either way it is a work of a life's journey and contains wonderful memories.  Have a great week and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment