My Favorites

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Courage What We Need


This little Blessing Flag has taken on a new meaning for me.  I have just been through one of the scariest times of my life.  My hubby had a heart attack on Friday.  Oh my, the emotion and the worry on a scale of 10 about a 12.  Those of you who have been through this life event know what I mean.  Very lucky for us is that after feeling bad on Wednesday and Thursday--he decided to go to the doctor on Friday.  After failing an Enzyme Blood test, he was sent to the ER.  The attack happened in the ER.  I was so impressed with the response team.  Within 20 minutes they had him ready for surgery and a new stent was added to the two he already has.  Heart problems run in his family, so we have always been on alert. He received the other two stents in 2003 and did not have a heart attack.  This was an eye-opener for hubby.  I think, he thought that after the preventive stents in 2003 his heart problems were solved.  He is home now and on a restrictive activity plan for about a month.  Even though I changed my meal preparations to a more heart healthy diet in 2003, he was a cheater.  I don't think he'll be cheating anymore.  Wishing you a great day and Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. God bless, please give him our best wishes for recovery, and you hang in there!

    ReplyDelete