My Favorites

Friday, May 25, 2018

Courage and Healing

 This has been a busy week here in the woodland of Missouri.  The weather has been comfortable, so hubby and I have started the never ending task of cleaning out the garage and downstairs storage area.  Hubby has made one trip to Goodwill and I called an Auction House.  We have a scheduled pick up on June 18.  I'm thrilled.  Where does all this stuff come from?  As you have probably all ready guessed we are Down Sizing.   We know it will take a while.  Hubby has a very large collection of sports memorabilia that will take some time.  But, we are pleased with our progress.

My sewing area has been downsized too.  My machine and cutting table is in a corner of our office, supplies are on a shelf and in four totes.  At one time it was an entire room.  This week I wanted to spend more time on Blessing Flags, but that plan was altered.  I did complete two and delivered my special orders.
Courage and Healing were both fun to make.
 Courage is entirely hand stitched.  It started with a vintage star quilt block.  I added hand stitches and vintage yo-yos.  I forgot how much fun a yo-yo can make on a quilt.
Healing has more machine stitches and more vintage elements.  Colorful and fun can cheer up everyone.  Both will be added to the SHOP today.  Check them out and also check out the other project at Off the Wall Friday.  Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!

4 comments: