My Favorites

Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday---Moment of Thought


Small quilt projects give me time to rest and reflect from my normal week activities.  So, I decided to make a middling quilt for the 70273 Project.  I've made blocks for the large quilts Jeanne Hewell-Chambers is putting together, but this month she has declared Middling Month.  I signed on via Facebook and I'm getting started.  70273 Project is a worldwide collaborate art project commemorating the lives of physically and mentally disabled people murdered by German Nazis in 1940-41.  The horrors in our world then and now have prompted me to join in this quilt making project.   I only wish the horrors against mankind could be eliminated as quickly as it takes to make a quilt.  Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. You write "I only wish the horrors against mankind could be eliminated as quickly as it takes to make a quilt", and I write, "I'm with you, Sugar." This is a real beaut, and I can hardly wait to see her when she's finished. Thank you for being part of The 70273 Project Tribe. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne. I enjoy making mini quilts, this one is a real pleasure.

      Delete