My Favorites

Monday, October 3, 2016

SunMoonStars


I've been following Jude Hill for a few years, but have never had the time to participate in any of her wonderful workshops.  Now that I'm semi-retired, I have been reading and stitching many of her Feel Free offerings.  I started this little nine-patch a few weeks ago.  Not sure where it was going, just stitching.  Then,  Jude introduced a second offering of SunMoonStars and I decided that this is where my little piece should travel--free-spirit stitching.  The vintage nine-patch, made by another's hand many years ago, has become my anchor.  Moons are already on the horizon, with a piece of vintage fabric I found in my fabric bin.  Sun and Stars will make their way on the piece too--a sampler of sorts.  The paisley is from an old scarf and made it on this little sampler before SunMoonStars not sure it if will stay or what it's statement will be, but just resting at the moment.  Until the next stitch, Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. ha, i live that the old nine patch is your anchor, and the paisley is a bit like the milky way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jude, Milky Way sounds wonderful. Looking forward to adding stars.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan...yes, the paisley works wonderful here! Paisley design is a favorite for me. Over the years, I bought paisley clothing, etc and did not even realize that it became a trend for me. Your work is lovely and the Bible inspirations so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I enjoy working on small cloth. I've been thinking about my little moons and how they will develop along with a star of two.

      Delete