My Favorites

Monday, August 22, 2016

Olympic Stitches


This little mini quilt Friends are Flowers has been stitched in many places.  Since I work small, I can take may work with me on road trips.  Its stitching adventure was continued from Missouri to New Jersey.  This was just a quilt top when I took my Blogging Break a couple of weeks ago and last night while watching the Olympics I completed the binding.  I found some Mary Englebreit themed fabric, made a red scrappy border and added large layer puffy flowers.  Using embroidery floss and a bit of whimsy, stitched the border and flowers with large stitches and the center is a meandering quilting stitch.


The little mini measures about 9 1/2 inches square.  It would a great mug rug for a friend.  I find that my quilting is becoming projects with no real purpose--just for the fun of stitching.  Before all my quilts had a purpose--they were projects that were being sent somewhere or given to someone.  Now they are just for me--oh they may end up in my Etsy Shop, (just added this one, today) but they were not created for that reason. My little mini quilts are becoming more special as arthritis takes over my fingers and hands.  I don't take quilting for granted like I use to.  I'm enjoying the freedom and stitching for the fun of it.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment