My Favorites

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Prayer Flags Creation Day

This week has been a week of concerning news from family and friends.  So, I was busy this afternoon putting together three Prayer Flags.

Butterflies encouraged the creation of two of the flags.  I fussy cut the butterflies and fused them to the flag base.  Usually I embroidery the words on the cloth, but for some reason I decided to stitch a card with the words---courage, strength and healing today.  I like the card and will probably do that more often.  I'm thinking of getting a marbleized paper stock to give the cards a little more punch.



The third flag is for a Trout fisherman.  I just happened to have fish fabric and so continuing with the look I was working with today, I fussy cut the fish and fused them on the background cloth.  Added beads and leaves--gives the flags a more masculine look.


Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment