My Favorites

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sunny Day--I Think Spring


Today is sunny here in the woodland of Missouri.  I'm thinking Spring and Baseball.  I've started lap quilting a small patchwork quilt, that was just not fitting into a frame at my weekly church quilting circle.  As I'm stitching I'm thinking of the last quilt that I hand quilted.  It seemed to have taken forever, a good year if I remember correctly.  This one is much small and does not seem to be calling for as many stitches as my St. Louis Cardinal Baseball Quilt.  This little Cardinal quilt was fun to design and quilt even though it was a bigger project than I expected.
 I like small projects.

 The little dog is a patchwork and the squirrel is an embroidery I found on eBay.  I was trying to tell a story of the love affair the city of St. Louis has with its Baseball Cardinals.  Everyone gets baseball fever in
Cardinal Nation.
Below the little butterfly buttons were added to give more whimsy to an area of green.  Well back to stitching my little patchwork block quilt.  Hope it's sunny where you are--enjoy the weekend and
Happy Quilting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment