My Favorites

Friday, January 22, 2016

Butterfly Treasure Keeper


I've made a second Treasure Keeper this week.  Didn't have the time I wanted to spend with my little vintage bags, but that extra time will come later.  This little bag has been tea dyed, and is embellished with fussy cut butterflies and hand stitches.  Measuring 4 1/2 x 8 1/4 inches makes it perfect for reading glasses, a narrow personal treasure or gift.  To me, quilting/stitching is a personal, creative enjoyment.  I guess that is what a hobby should be.  But, I also like to have purpose for my endeavors.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the completed Treasure Keepers---donate, sell, give away--any ideas would be welcomed (remember I have about 100).   I can say one thing for sure--- presently, I'm enjoying the creative process of taking these old vintage bags and re-purposing them into a present day useful item.   Check out Off The Wall Friday to see some creative quilting.  And as always Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Your treasure keeper bags are a treasure just on their own. The stitching around each fussy cut butterfly is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and stopping by. It is wonderful to hear from other quilters.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete