My Favorites

Friday, October 9, 2015

Never To Early--Christmas 2016

Yes, I have started making a quilt--would you believe four quilts for gifts in 2016.  As I have said before, I not much on patterns--usually make my own but I saw this little Crab-apple Hill sampler pattern called Winter Sampler and decided that it would make lovely gifts for Christmas.


I'm a real fan of embroidery and patchwork.  My embroidery stitches need some improvement.  This sampler will give plenty of practice.  I am changing this up a bit.  The pattern is in reds and three of the quilts will follow that color palette.  One friend loves blue---so her winter sampler will be blues and yellows, with a touch of red in the Hollyberries and Poinsettias.  I'm giving myself three months for each quilt.  2016 will be here before I know it---hope I'm ready.  I'll be posting updates.
Great weekend to all---Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment