My Favorites

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Decorating with Quilts--page 5

Since I have started writing about the ways I decorate with quilts, I really thought it would be a couple of entries---then as I realized, as I looked around the house, there seems to be quilts in every room.  Today, I photographed the quilt on the wall of the guest room.  I purchased this Twisted Star quilt at a country auction a few years ago. The auction was held at a farm that was one of the oldest in our county.  This was not the only quilt I purchased, but my favorite.  The quilt has never been used and is in perfect condition.  It was machine pieced, hand quilted and has 8-9 stitches per inch.  I understand that the ladies of the family had a quilting frame up all the time---they did beautiful work.  Wish I had taken photos of all the quilts that were auctioned.  I believe it would have been over forty.  The quilt provides a warm welcoming coziness to the room.  The pillows have been massed produced and add a great "pop" of red.

Twisted Star

As I look at all the ways I used quilts in our home, I wonder, do you have some special decorating techniques you use to display your quilts?  Share in the comments.  I would love to hear.
Here's hoping you have a wonderful week and as always Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment