My Favorites

Monday, June 8, 2015

Couldn't Sleep


I just could not sleep tonight---so I made a Prayer Flag for a high school classmate.  After high school we went our separate ways and didn't see or talk to each other of years.  Then about 20 years ago--realized we both taught in the same school district--actually our buildings shared the same parking lot.  It was in that parking lot that we caught up with each other briefly.  Then went our separate ways again.  We both since retired from the district.  Today, I found out she has an inoperable brain tumor. I'm thankful for the brief conversations we had in that parking lot and the memories of years past. Tonight I've been thinking of my life and how blessed I have been---how I need to sort through the unimportant things that get me down and concentrate on the positive--living each day to the fullest.

I found a quote years ago that I keep on my desk.  I don't know where it comes from but every once in a while I will read it and reflect--wish I could remember it on a daily basis.  Maybe now I will.

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.  You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.  Forget the bad and focus on the good.  Love the people who treat your right.  Life is too short to be anything but happy.  Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living."

Counting blessing with a thankful heart.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment