My Favorites

Monday, October 14, 2013

Christmas Quilt's New Look

Following a pattern has never been my strong suit when it comes to quilting.  I think that's why I so enjoyed making the mini quilts for AAQI.  They were personal designs.  Anyway, I thought joining the Aiming for Accuracy would help me to follow a pattern and improve my accuracy.  It did help improve accuracy and I learned a few tricks, but following a pattern is just not my thing.  I fell behind and so this week decided to catch up.  I just couldn't make one more half square or quarter square triangle.  So I ventured out on my own.

The blocks that I have completed will be set in a white on white or small Christmas print with a small border of fabrics used in the blocks.  I feel like a huge pressure has been lifted from me shoulders and I excited about completing this project.  This quilt will be donated to our church for the silent auction next year. Have a great week and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment