My Favorites

Friday, May 3, 2013

Taking a Break

Have you ever needed time off---even from something you love?  That's me!!  I have been struggling with a quilt project for the past couple of months.  I've made two starts on a small quilt project and had two failures.  My thoughts about quilting and where I want to be with my projects have been bouncing all over the place.  So for the past few days I've been Taking a Break.  I've made two mug rugs for friends, I'll deliver on Monday.  I've been sorting some quilting magazines.  And, most importantly I've been saying prayers, asking for some direction.  I'm getting a clear picture---it is the direction I had earlier in the year, but some how I got off track.  I love giving quilts to others, not worrying about contests, shows or creating.  Just quilting for someone else.  My goal at the beginning of the year was to work on Festival of Sharing projects and I have not been doing that.  Well, that will change.  Our Festival of Sharing Quilt Show and Sale is in September and I plan to make some small wall hangings and a couple of doll quilts to add to our little sale table along with fabric and quilt books our church quilters donate.  All the money raised will go to the festival and I'm discovering that is where I need to be right now. I'm starting to feel rejuvenated and directed.  Taking a Break to talk and listen to the Lord can be a mind clearing activity that I need to do more often.  I sometimes forget he is there for me, I just need to ask.  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment