My Favorites

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Look What I Found

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post talking about my lost quilting spirit and how I was going to clean my sewing/guest room.  I was in hopes that my quilting spirit would return and that my sewing area would become organized---it was overwhelmed with fabric all over the place, discarded unfinished projects, books and magazines not in their proper places.  I couldn't see the top of my cutting table.  Anyway, it worked, the spirit has returned.  Fabric and books have been sorted and ready for donation, unfinished projects have been either tossed or finished.  Among all the disorganization, I found these:  Two incomplete AAQI quilts.

The Caroling Trio, just needed a few hand quilting stitches, and binding.  It measures 8 1/2" x 10 3/4".  This is part of a novelty print I've used over the years for AAQI quilts---great for Christmas and/or Winter decor.

 Love Among Confusion, this little quilt is made from silks.  The background is made from various silks that I pieced, cut apart and then pieced again into a crazy maze.  The heart is from a piece of light weight upholstery fabric and appliqued on the crazy maze.  The border is a silk in a corresponding solid.  I hand quilted around the border, machine quilted with a metallic tread in a meandering stitch.  Then just folded over the edges and top stitched for the binding.  This one was easy to finish, as I had completed the top and the hand quilting, so the work was on the machine.  It measures 9 x 10 1/2".  Now I have a total of 8 quilts going in my final shipment to AAQI--my total quilts donated will be 112.  Have a wonderful Wednesday--I'm going to work in the yard today, before the next round of rain hits our area tomorrow.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment