My Favorites

Friday, December 21, 2012

Storm is Over

Those of you in the Midwest, know what I mean when I say the "Storm is Over".  We here in Missouri received more wind than snow, but I know other parts are digging out this morning.  At about 6:00am is started.  Mean skies, drops of rain that turned to snow and a wind.  In our area the wind was between 40 and 60 mph.  We received just a dusting of snow, but the wind was with us until about 9:00pm last night.  It brought down one small tree in our back yard--we suspected was dead--it was.


So what do you do when the wind is howling, and your hubby is at a meeting?  You quilt.  I made an AAQI quilt for Houston.  I think the theme will go well in the November 2013.


2013 is my year of getting to know my new "old" Bernina --most of my quilts this year will be machine quilted and appliqued.  I fussy cut the flowers.  Attached with fusible webbing and then with gold and silver metallic thread (used black in the bobbin) quilted the flowers, a matching green thread for the leaves and finished up with Christmas green for the background.  Poinsettia was created in a very short time.


The morning sun helped to show the quilting.  The quilt is 8 1/4 x 10 1/4 inches.  I really like the machine and practice will make my stitches more uniform and improve my techniques--I can use that.  I'm working on a second little Wildflower Sampler that will have some hand and machine quilting. Hope to finish today.
Enjoy your weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment