My Favorites

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Special Christmas Quilt

Draped over a wing backed chair with a little red gift box for some whimsy is a very Special Christmas Quilt.  This quilt has been a focus of many a room during the holidays from its creation in 1960.  My Mom, Helen, was an embroidery, applique kinda of gal.  I'm so blessed to have this quilt and two others she made.  I believe this to be a kit quilt, from back in the day.  I don't know it's true name and have never seen one like it, but every Christmas Mom would put it on the bed for the holidays.  It's a full size, so doesn't really make a statement on our king size bed, but in years past it has been on the stair railing, back of the sofa, or draped over a table.  This year greets guests in the foyer.  I love this quilt and have thought many times of making a miniature so I can frame it and display it every day of the year.  Have a great Monday and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment