My Favorites

Monday, October 8, 2012

It's That Time of Year

Major League Baseball playoff time of year and the St. Louis Cardinals are again in the playoffs.  The Cardinals let the first game slip away yesterday, we'll see what today brings.  What does this have to do with quilting?

An UFO that I started last year when the Cardinals were playing in the World Series.  For non-baseball fans, the Cardinals won and the series was thrilling---lots of great plays and last minute come from behind wins.  Anyway, I didn't finish my project--I call it Stars Over Cardinal Nation each star has the year of a World Series Championship.  I started hand quilting and really thought it would not take this long, but I was wrong. So I'm working on it again as I watch the beginning of what I hope to be a successful run for another Championship.  

I made a little addition to the quilt from last year's series.  The Rally Squirrel, he made a dashing run across home plate when Skip Schumaker was up to bat and we won the game.  So he became an important part of the Cardinals great win last year.  I'm prepared to add another star for 2012---hope, hope, hope.  If any of you are Cardinal fans, put on those jerseys, t-shirts, hats and cheer our team to a victory in 2012.  I'll be quilting!!!   Have a great Monday---Happy Quilting!

2 comments: